Taylor Swift is one of the few artists to sell out stadiums before shes hit 30, but last night the most divisive pop star around celebrated her new album at a tiny gig at LOlympia Paris to perform album tracks from Lovers for the very first time.
Fans from 37 countries across the world were handpicked to hear Swifts first live renditions of The Archer, Cornelia Street and new single Lover in her only performance of the record in 2019. And Metro.co.uk were jammy enough to be there for all of it.
There are a lot of the songs on this album thats just come out that Ive never played live before, and I was thinking about how Id really like to play some of these songs for the very first time, she told fans. And I was thinking maybe the best way to do it would be just playing the songs acoustic the way that I wrote them.
More: Taylor Swift
Its been a long time since most of us saw Taylor alone with the accompaniment of a live band, troupe of dancers and the cast of Queer Eye on stage but somehow it felt like thats how she was supposed to introduce Lover to her Swifties. Just two weeks since Lovers release, echoes of every single track bellowed from fans through LOlympia as if shes been performing them for years with her army waving their LED wrist bands loud and proud throughout.
For those yet to devour her seventh offering, her classics came along for one night in Paris too. After erupting through a kaleidoscope of colour for a thumping performance of ME!, I Knew You Were Trouble and Blank Space soon followed while fan favourite Style got one of the biggest cheers of the night, before Swift closed with Shake It Off, the song which took her from the girl who got jumped by Kanye West at the VMAs to one of pops greats.
The spectacle was all thrown on behalf of streaming app Deezer.
We wanted to give Taylor Swift fans an incredible once in a lifetime opportunity to see her perform in an intimate, iconic venue, Junior Foster, Head of Global Artist Relations at Deezer explained.
The stats behind Taylor Swift's Lover from Deezer
• The Lover album has attracted more male than female fans, with a 10% increase in male fans since the first track from the album was released in April
• Birmingham is streaming the Lover album the most, followed by London and Edinburgh since the album was released
• Those aged between 26-35-year-olds are the biggest age group streaming Lover (31%), beating 18-25 at 25%
• You Need To Calm Down, Lover and The Man are the top 3 streamed Taylor Swift songs in the UK since the album was released
• The Man was the most streamed song on the albums release day
Taylor did an amazing job of mixing the energy of colourful and upbeat tracksRead More – Source