Man burnt after barbecue catches fire at Yallingup Resort

Worksafe were called to an incident at a resort on Smiths Beach Road in Yallingup after a man was burnt when a barbecue caught fire.

Fire and emergency crews from Yallingup, Dunsborough and Busselton attended the incident which occurred at a Yallingup resort.

It is understood three people were cooking on a barbecue situated on a balcony at the resort when it caught fire.

A St John Ambulance spokesperson said one man suffered burns to his legs and was transported to the Busselton Health Campus as a priority patient and another woman was treated for shock.

A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokesperson said the fire was extinguished by staff at the resort using three fire extinguishers.

Nine volunteer fire and rescue groups from Yallingup, Dunsborough and Busselton attended the incident along with officers from the City of Busselton.

The RAC Rescue Helicopter was called to the resort, however a St John Ambulance spokesperson confirmed it was not required to airlift the injured man.

The incident occurred around 10am on Monday, August 10.

Worksafe are at the site and are continuing to investigate the incident to find out how the accident happened.


Margaret River Mail


Related Articles

Back to top button