As the year winds up, YouTube has unveiled the list of the most viewed K-pop music videos worldwide and in the UK in 2018.
In a statement given to Metro.co.uk, YouTube has revealed BLACKPINKs official DDU-DU DDU-DU music video became the most watched K-pop music video worldwide in 2018.
The MV has amassed 551 million views to date since 15 June.
BTS Fake Love music video, uploaded on 18 May, placed second and now has 402.5 million views as of writing.
Momolands BBoom BBoom music video, which has racked up 294.53 million views, grabbed third place followed by BTS IDOL and TWICEs What is Love?
Most watched K-pop videos in 2018
1. BLACKPINK – 뚜두뚜두 (DDU-DU DDU-DU) M/V
2. BTS (방탄소년단) FAKE LOVE Official MV
3. [MV] MOMOLAND (모모랜드) _ BBoom BBoom (뿜뿜)
4. BTS (방탄소년단) IDOL Official MV
5. TWICE “What is Love?” M/V
6. iKON – 사랑을 했다(LOVE SCENARIO) M/V
7. Red Velvet 레드벨벳 Bad Boy MV
8. TWICE “Dance The Night Away” M/V
9. [MV] MOMOLAND(모모랜드) _ BAAM
10. [MV] PENTAGON(펜타곤) _ Shine(빛나리)
On the other hand, BTS Fake Love topped the list of the most viewed K-pop video in the UK, beating BLACKPINKs DDU-DU DDU-DU into second place.
Most watched K-pop videos in UK in 2018
1. BTS (방탄소년단) FAKE LOVE Official MV
2. BLACKPINK – 뚜두뚜두 (DDU-DU DDU-DU) M/V
3. BTS (방탄소년단) IDOL Official MV
4. [MV] MOMOLAND (모모랜드) _ BBoom BBoom (뿜뿜)
5. Red Velvet 레드벨벳 Bad Boy MV
6. K/DA – POP/STARS (ft Madison Beer, (G)I-DLE, Jaira Burns) | Official Music Video – League of Legends
7. TWICE “What is Love?” M/V
8. Dua Lipa & BLACKPINK – Kiss and Make Up (Official Audio)
9. iKON – 사랑을 했다(LOVE SCENARIO) M/V
10. j-hope Daydream (백일몽) MV
BTS garnered 73 million plays on YouTube in the UK in 2018 while BLACKPINK had 22 million plays. British singer Dua Lipa made the list for featuring BLACKPINK on the track Kiss and Make Up.
YouTube earlier announced that the top trending videos and music videos in the UK.
For the top trending videos in the UK in 2018, the list is composed of a variety of subjects from international phenomena to famous aces.
The channels that created the top 10 have more than 79 million subscribers in total, according to YouTube.
Top trending videos in UK of 2018
1. Paul McCartney Carpool Karaoke
2. The Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle
3. “ROYAL WEDDING” — A Bad Lip Reading
4. Courtney Hadwin: 13-Year-Old Golden Buzzer Winning Performance – Americas Got Talent 2018
5. Yanny v Laurel video: which name do you hear? – audio
6. we broke up – David Dobrick
7. Ariana Grande Carpool Karaoke
8. Dogs Tested to See Whether Theyd Defend Owner During Home Invasion
9. Marc Spelmann gets the first Golden Buzzer of 2018 | Auditions Week 1 | Britains Got Talent 2018
10. Musical Genre Challenge with Ariana Grande
Got a showbiz story?
If you've got a story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk Entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.