Selections based on a good track.
Race 1 – 1:07PM ONSITE FUEL PLATE (1100 METRES)
11. Thiswilldous made a very promising debut at Wyong last month, leading and boxing on strongly to the line only going under a half length in what looks a stronger maiden than this. Better for that run, drawn ideally so will either lead again or be right there. Appears well placed to break through.
9. Nick The Skip will probably be giving away a start but he has the form around him to be very hard to beat. Bumped into a handy one at Scone back in May then found 900m too short but rocketed home late into second. Logical danger. 1. Regal Cannon might find the trip a bit slick first-up but did trial quite well at Bathurst recently and may run a race fresh. Ex-Gai Waterhouse/Adrian Bott now with Cameron Crockett. Keep safe. 7. Late Lady is quite well named being a six-year-old mare on debut but shes not to be underestimated on the back of a very strong Dubbo trial win at her only public trial.
How to play it: Thiswilldous WIN; Quinella 9 and 11.
Race 2 – 1:42PM NALDER FAMILY HANDICAP (1100 METRES)
2. Meraki Miss was having her first run for Cameron Crockett when she was runner-up at Bathurst a couple of weeks back and it was a solid enough fresh effort. Ex-Bjorn Baker and while drawn out a little shes an on pacer and if she has improved in fitness, which youd expect, then shes sure to be right in the finish.
4. Sons Of Bourke had some support and ran right up to it when beaten by the handy Sea Lady at Dubbo last month. No harder here and drops 1kg so if he can reproduce that effort then hes in the finish. 1. Dreadlock obviously didnt come up in his two runs in the autumn but hes performed in much better company than this albeit over a bit more ground. He generally races well fresh so if theres some support around for him hes well placed with just 60.5kh. 5. Late Return was very disappointing as a short-priced favourite at Bundarra last start but if you ignore that his two previous runs at Dubbo and Tamworth are good enough to throw him into the picture.
How to play it: Meraki Miss E/W.
Race 3 – 2:17PM KEADY FAMILY COONAMBLE CRYSTAL SPRINT (1200 METRES)
1. Joeys Destiny might have 63kg on his back but hes such a competitor hes clearly the horse to beat as he chases a hat-trick. Arguably his best form is at 1100m but hes been dominant at his last couple so the extra 100m wont be the reason if he goes under. The beauty of him having the 63kg is hell probably be a backable price.
Dangers: 4. Molasses has found Joeys Destiny a bit too good at his last couple of starts but if he is going to turn the tables then he has a 3.5kg weight pull on him from their last meeting. Whether thats enough remains to be see but he looks a threat. 2. Brotherly Secret failed in the Moree Cup but his two wins either side bring him into contention. Gained a dream inside run to hit the lead at Tamworth and gripped on to win last time. Chance again. 3. Desert Marshal was runner-up to Brotherly Secret two starts back then beat him home in the Moree Cup. Hasnt won in a while but around the mark and is at least an each-way chance.
How to play it: Joeys Destiny WIN; Trifecta 1/2,3,4/2,3,4.
Race 4 – 2.52PM ARTHUR J GALLAGHER HANDICAP (1300 METRES)
The blinkers could be the key for the lightly raced 8. Charmed Princess who had good support at her second start at Dubbo and attacked the line well from a long way back into third. If she can hold a bit closer position with the blinkers on shes a good chance in a wide open race.
Dangers: 3. Southern Strategy comes through the same race and she led them up then fought on quite well to hold down second. Placed in five of her nine starts and that was her best run this time in so a repeat would see her in the finish. 5. The Flying Scot disappointed after leading at Bathurst at his second run for Garry Lunn but on his previous effort, a second at Dubbo, hes entitled to another chance. 7. Captains Legend wasnt suited over the 1100m at Hawkesbury so not surprisingly was burnt off. Sure to appreciate a bit more ground and a little less depth so he could be an improver.
How to play it: Charmed Princess E/W.
Race 5 – 3.30PM BRIAN AND WENDY FLETCHER HANDICAP (1400 METRES)
A strike rate of one win from 17 starts isnt so great but this looks a nice race for 4. Single Intent to improve on that record. Beaten favourite at Wellington but ran quite a nice race when third at Wyong behind a handy type and he was closing the race off. Needs a little bit of luck from the awkward gate but if he gets it hes in the finish.
Dangers: 6. Tokyo Bullet has performed well in three runs for his new trainer and really attacked the line hard late at Dubbo last start. Tends to get back and run home and if the breaks go his way hes a good chance again. 11. Cobb N Co hadnt raced for well over a year when he returned at Wellington with a booming late finish to run fourth at 1400m. Whether staying at that trip is a plus remains to be seen but hes worth keeping safe. 9. The Debater finally broke through at start 17 with a dominant win at Dubbo beating a couple of horses engaged in an earlier race. Could go on with it.
How to play it: Single Intent E/W.
Race 6 – 4:10PM LOCH LOMOND BORDER LEICESTER BARADINE CUP (1400 METRES)
Very hard to go past 3. Sea Lady who resumed a popular winner over 1100m a few weeks back. She was runner-up in a Country Championships heat at this trip so the 1400m is no issue to her. A couple of negatives with the extra 4kg and average second-up record but all things equal shes the one to beat.
Dangers: 5. Social Pirate is going to be better suited here than his last couple on much tighter tracks and is back to his right grade after placing in the Bowraville Cup. Easy winner over this trip at Dubbo back in May and is a good chance. 4. Dubali raced consistently last time in and resumes at a distance where he might be competitive fresh. Drawn nicely and while the first-up record isnt flattering this is the sort of race you dont want to leave him out of. 2. Austin has a few wins on end to his name in much easier company than this but he was far too good for his rivals in the Picnic Championship at Dubbo last month and he could measure up while in top form.
How to play it: Sea Lady WIN; Box Quinella 3,4,5.
Race 7 – 4:47PM GERONIMO FARM EQUIPMENT & NEW HOLLAND COONAMBLE CUP (1600 METRES)
1. A Magic Zariz is the best horse in the race by a margin and comes off a game second in the Dubbo Cup a few weeks ago. Drops 2kg on the run so gets in well with the 4kg claim and if the young apprentice can give him a nice ride hes going to take some beating.
Dangers: 2. Red Knot is also quite well placed with a 4kg claim of his own and he wouldnt have carried 53.5kg at this sort of level just about ever. Even effort at Dubbo last time and wasnt beaten far in the Dubbo Cup. Definite chance. 4. Hirokin is fitter for two runs back and will find this a bit easier than his last run at Warwick Farm where he was on the pace but dropped away from the turn. Expect him to improve here and can give a big sight up on the speed. 7. Wild Cavalier beat Red Knot at Dubbo two starts back then a handy fifth in the Dubbo Cup so he definitely cant be left out of the main chances.
How to play it: A Magic Zariz E/W; Trifecta 1/2,4,7/2,4,7.
RACE 8 – 5.22PM THE BATRTRERLINE ICY CANHAM APPRECIATION HANDICAP (1600 METRES)
7. Athenas Voice might be closing in on another win if her very handy third behind a smart filly at Scone last start is any pointer. She was a little unlucky not to run second behind Frankely Awesome over the mile after being held up at a couple of crucial stages. A repeat performance will see her go close.
Dangers: 5. Podium Bound won at his only attempt over the track and distance back in August and has been racing well since. Hit the line strongly into third at Dubbo over a mile a few weeks back and should be competitive again. 2. Outta Space has no issues with the mile and is probably looking for the trip after running on when it was all over at Dubbo over 1300m last time. Each-way claims at least. 3. Hesprettycool battled a bit at Hawkesbury last start and can mix his form but placed in a Class 3 at Muswellbrook prior and is worth including in the chances.
How to play it: Athenas Voice WIN; Quinella 5 & 7.
Supplied by Racing NSW.
For more tips and information, head to www.racingnsw.com.au