Fire crews called to early morning blaze in caravan park

FIREFIGHTERS were called to an early morning blaze in a caravan park in Dubbo.

The emergency call was received at around 3am on Wednesday with crews rushing to the Poplars Caravan Park on Bultje Street.

Fire and Rescue NSW Station Officer Mick Medlin said the blaze was extinguished before their arrival by another occupant who lived at the caravan park.

Nobody was injured in the blaze.

“The fire brigade would like to remind people that smoke alarms are mandatory in all caravans in NSW,” he said.

Fire and Rescue NSWs website states that under NSW laws from February 25, 2011, a smoke alarm installed in all moveable dwellings including:

  • Campervans
  • Caravans
  • On-site vans
  • Park vans
  • Annexes (with rigid sides), and
  • Any other type of transportable structure where people sleep (except tents and soft sided annexes).

“The law applies to any moveable dwellings in NSW being used for sleeping no matter where the dwelling stands, including in a caravan park, on private property, on Crown land or on the side of the road,” the website states.

“You must have at least one working smoke alarm inside the van where the bed is, and one also in the annex if you sleep there.”

Do you want more news from across the western region?

You can now receive headlines and story links from the Daily Liberal delivered straight to your inbox at 6am six days a week, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up here.

Also in the news:


Nyngan Observer


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button