Sports

United rebuff Barcelonas Pogba swap offer

Cape Town – Premier League giants Manchester United have reportedly turned down an approach from Barcelona for star midfielder Paul Pogba.

Sky Italy said that Barca offered £45 million plus Colombian defender Yerry Mina and Portuguese defender Andre Gomes in exchange for the French World Cup winner.

With three years left on his contract, Pogbas agent Mino Raiola is said to have been in Manchester on Monday to try and force the move.

However, according to the report the Red Devils do not want Pogba to leave having signed the midfielder for a club record fee of £93.25 million in 2016.

The 25-year-old returned to training this week after extra time off following Frances World Cup win last month.

With the Premier League transfer deadline closing on Thursday (August 9), United would have two just days to find a replacement.

The Spanish window does not close until August 31, meaning Barcelona have until the end of the month to try and sign Pogba in this window.

Mina, 23, was one of Colombias stars at the recent World Cup, the towering central defender scoring three goals in three games.

Gomes has 29 caps for Portugal and joined Barcelona from Valencia in 2016 but has struggled to hold down a starting position, making just 16 appearances last season.

United begin their league campaign on Friday evening against Leicester City.

Kick-off is at 21:00 (SA time).

Leave a Reply